Sunday, May 31, 2009

Breaking the Silence!

From Blissfully Single Kate's Log:

Well, it’s been a long while since I last posted, much has happened for both Ange and I.



My family and I packed up the car on the 7th of May and headed out to beautiful Hattiesburg, Mississippi to visit the school I intend to transfer to in the fall to finally get that degree. It was my first time in MS that I can remember. I’ve traveled across the states many times, but I don’t remember if since I was born my family ever passed through there. Hattiesburg is a great college town and while it has a lot of the major chain stores and a brand new mall, it also is not without its very cute southern charm.



A mistake I made was failing to take pictures while in Hattiesburg, but thankfully when I got to Hammond, Louisiana to visit with Ange and her family I remembered to use it profusely.



I enjoyed walking the campus of my new school and am looking forward to attending. It is a small campus and the professors I have met are all very nice, and seem like the sort to be attentive to your needs and to help you focus on getting through school. While I know I will be a rather old sophomore on the campus there, I am looking forward to my age being an advantage.

Upon arrival in Louisiana, much preperation was needed to get ready for Ange's graduation.
It was very exciting to attend Ange’s SLU graduation. I’ll leave it up to her to give the details on that, but needless to say I and her family were very proud and excited on that day.


While I was there visiting with her family, a few of us did a quick day trip down to New Orleans (which is always fun to do), and had beignet's at Café Du Monde. Then the day following as a graduation trip, we took off to New Braunfels, TX to spend a day at the Schlitterbahn water park, and then a day at San Antonio, TX.



It had been 19 years since I was last in San Antonio, and I fell in love with it all over again. I will describe in better length in blogs to come each individual trip along with pictures and a few things to remember when traveling to these individual locations.



If you can’t afford to travel abroad, always remember there is lots of amazing culture and things to see in whatever country you live in.

2 comments:

justme2575 said...

I just can't describe what a proud Mom I am!!!! And I can't wait for you to get to Hattiesburg and graduate so we can celebrate yours!!

Johanna said...

Found your blog through LibraryThing and just wanted to say "kudos"! Great thoughts on being a real person, as opposed to one half of a couple. And I'm speaking as a happily married for 18 years woman. I had all kinds of good adventures as a single woman and am stronger as part of a marriage because I knew who I was.